Monday 8 April 2013

Fine art : who are you ?


Fine art Valletta
I visited the exhibition of fine arts on Saturday on the 6th of April.  This exhibition is called who are you?, it represents people from the different walks of life, this shows how Maltese society changed. Its purpose is the show the different people and their expressions.

Artist: Joseph Maria Genius
Date: 1934- 1970
Name of artwork: peasant
Why did I choose this:  I like the hat that he is wearing and the details of his facial expression. This represents the Maltese traditions and how they used to wear.












Artist: Antonio Sciortino
Date: 1879-1947
Name: very elegant women.
Why did I choose this: I chose this because I like the texture of the coat and her being superior.


Artist: Vincent Apap
Date: 1909-2003
Name: man in uniform.
Why did I choose it:  I like the detail of the uniform, it is showing the badges and he looks superior and important. I like how the important people make them upright to show that they are people of class.


Artist: George Borg
Date: 1906-1983
Name: Medical officer
Why did I choose this: I like the tie and the detail of his uniform but not too much detail. He is upright as well because he is a doctor and has a certain class.



Artist: Frans Galea
Date: 1845-1994
Name:  woman with long hair
Why did I choose this: I chose this because it’s in a different colour and it was the only one which was dark. I like her facial expression it is like she is forced to do something.


No comments:

Post a Comment