Monday 8 April 2013

MILKSHAKE - FEELINGS




Exhibition curated by Lisa Gwen Baldacchino, project co-ordinated by Gilbert Calleja. I visited this exhibition on the 6th of April. This exhibition shows a lot of artists who works around the human form. It is called Milkshake because it shows a lot of perceptions, pleasures, desires, prejudices, fears, shame and uneasiness.


 Artist: Robert Zahra

Name: Fittex Go fija Fittex

Measurements: 105 x 45 x 35 cm

You have to read the words underneath his skin to understand the structure; it invites the investigator to touch the body in order to understand.

Why did I choose it:  I chose it because it is a very interesting structure and I like how it is hanging in the middle of a room in the middle of nowhere. The structure seems to combine with emotions because it has words written on it.
Artist: Pierre Portelli

Name: T-Time

Engraved text on 7 bone China tea cups 2013
This work expresses gay literature and creates a time line through the use of teacups engraved with poems, letters and novels. The subject is that the teacup is an intimate object whilst the drinker communicates with the cup and the lips.

Why did I choose this:  it is a very great idea of the poems on the cups and I like it because it is original.




 Artist: Norbert Francis Attard

Name: it’s not for girls

#Male mannequin’s arm, female bracelets, Pisces tattoo, yorkie chocolate bar, 2013
This is showing that girls can take yorkie and shows that they can have a mixed identity.

 Why did I choose this:  I love how the artist interpreted both man and women in her structure and they both have right seven if you are transsexual.


Artist: Ryan Falzon




Name: kindly adjust your gender  

Mixed media on canvas
They made interviews to people 18-25 and asked between the queer and individual and the body and what they think as individuals.

Why did I choose it: it was very interesting to look at them closely and I adjust m gender to them the one which I liked the most was of hello kitty and underneath it had perfection.


Artist: Glen Calleja
Name: Marija
Why did I choose it:  it is from the rosary and her journey. I like this art work because it has many artworks in itself because it has a lot of stuff going on .





No comments:

Post a Comment